Friday, May 3, 2013

WMC Day 2

Just got home from the WMC.  Some really strong offerings this year.  I especially like NCTM president Linda Gojak.  She spoke about the mathematical practices.  It confirmed my thoughts and only allowed to take things a little deeper.  I strongly believe in tasks as entry points in a classroom, as enrichment, and as application.  However, while walking through the vendor area it is amazing what they feel are still tasks.

I want to see literacy, engagement, visuals, etc...  Publishers still give make believe problems sets.  I would think that would be harder to do than actual tasks.  Maybe they will get there someday.  Until then, send me your tasks and I will gladly add them to the database being developed.  I might modify them or reformat but I will get them on there.


No comments:

Post a Comment